Town of Pacolet
Position: Police Officer
Salary: $30,000 to $36,000/Annual DOQ
Work Hours: Shift Work Including Holidays and Weekends (24/7 Operations)
Benefits: SC Retirement, Health Insurance, Take-Home Vehicle, Vacation, Sick Days, Holidays, Safety Equipment Provided
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enforce the laws of the State of South Carolina, municipal codes of the town and federal laws as they apply.
- Patrols assigned areas, including streets, parks, commercial and residential areas to preserve the peace ad enforce the laws.
- Builds trusts with residents and businesses in the community.
- Responds to calls for service and reports findings while taking appropriate actions to resolve issues.
- Assist or handles crime scene security, processing and documentation.
- Conducts follow-up investigations and supports the prosecution of criminal cases.
- Appears and testifies in court regarding investigations.
- Serves warrants and subpoenas.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to make critical decisions and act on those decisions.
- Professionally communicates orally and in writing.
- Maintains a cooperative, courteous and professional working environment and relationships with others, in person, electronically and by telephone.
- Ability to work in timely manner with minimal supervision and careful attention to detail.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of information as necessary
- Has or is able to obtain certification as a Class 1 officer through the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy.
- Has the ability to stand, walk, sit, run or perform other physical activity, including strenuous, for extended periods of time.
- Understand, comprehend and explain South Carolina state law, town ordinances, federal law and civil procedures.
- Ability to drive a vehicle in stressful situations in a safe manner.
- Ability to use various tools including, but not limited to, firearms, radios, handcuffs, and computers.
- Works in both an outdoor and indoor setting subject to frequent interruptions.
- Manages well under stress from demanding situations, deadlines and changing priorities and conditions.
- Ability to deal well with others in a professional environment.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend various documents including legal documents.
- Ability to write detailed, accurate and comprehensive reports.
- Ability to sit/remain/stand continuously for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to give clear, concise direction and take charge of situations as needed.
- Ability to remember multiple tasks and/or assignments which are designated for this position or others over long periods of time.
Education and Experience
Minimum of 21 years of age, possess a high school diploma, have a valid South Carolina driver’s license, pass a pre-employment background check including a psychological examination, physical and pre-employment drug-screening. Applicants must be certified through the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy as a Class 1 officer or have the ability to obtain certification.
The Town of Pacolet is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications may be obtained from Pacolet Town Hall located at 180 Montgomery Ave., Pacolet SC 29372, by calling 864-474-9504 or by e-mail at email@example.com