The Town of Pacolet is requesting qualification statements from qualified engineering firms to provide professional engineering services on an “as needed” basis for a three year term. This program may include consultation, design, construction management and maintenance concerning water distribution, sewer collection, water treatment, wastewater treatment, and pretreatment. The Town of Pacolet will
select and negotiate with a firm whose responses meet the requirements listed below.
The Town of Pacolet is a growing community in upstate South Carolina with the Pacolet River running through its boundaries. The Town is seeking a three year term agreement to assist with professional engineering consultation, design, and construction management, on an “as needed” basis. Spartanburg Water System owns operates and maintains the water and sewer systems in the Town of Pacolet.
This Request for Qualifications (RFQ) is for a firm or team to provide professional engineering services, as well as an implementation plan. These services and implementation plan should be adaptable and updatable to account for future development and assets and locations changing over time. The firm chosen will work with the Town with its first project goal to expand sewer within the town limits.
Deliverables should include:
1. Preparation of plans and specification for projects including:
a. Cost estimates
c. Field work
2. Professional engineering services, which may include, but are not limited to review and approval of
submittals as well as review for permit submittals for pretreatment.
3. Construction management, which may include, but is not limited to daily construction observation and
documentation, coordinating contractor’s work and enforcing schedule commitments.
4. GIS data analysis.
5. Stormwater experience relating to the development of storm water management plans to meet National
Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) requirements.
6. Stormwater consultation, which may include, but is not limited to design, analysis, reports, studies,
investigations, and preparation of documents.
7. Preparation of permit applications for local, state and federal requirements applicable to the projects.
8. Advice on Capital Improvement projects including consultation on development of a cost estimate and
9. Ability to work effectively with Town staff, the public and regulatory agencies.
One printed and one digital copy must be submitted to the Town of Pacolet by August 26, 2022 at 2:00 PM. Submit qualification statements to:
Patrick Kay, Town Administrator
180 Montgomery Avenue
P O Box 700
Pacolet, SC 29372
Packages received after August 26, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. will not be considered. The detailed requirements set forth are mandatory. Failure to respond to a specific requirement may result in disqualification. The Town reserves the right to accept or reject any or all qualification statements. Interested firms are reminded that qualification statements will be considered exactly as submitted. Points of clarification will be solicited from proposers at the discretion of the Town. Qualification Statements determined not to be in compliance with provisions of this RFQ and/or the applicable law and/or regulations will not be considered. The Town of Pacolet reserves the right to enter into negotiations with a single firm OR may create a short list of firms, based upon qualifications conduct interviews.
Responses to this RFP must include the following:
Cover Letter and Table of Contents
The RFP must include a cover letter giving a brief summary of the contents of the RFP and a table of
contents laying out each section with corresponding page numbers.
Introduction and Qualifications
This section will need to contain an overview of the firm and any proposed sub-contractors. The
introduction shall indicate the legal name, address, website, telephone number, and local contact. The
firm will provide an overview and history of the firm including identifying all firm members who will
be working with the Town and their experience. The firm will also identify other municipalities for which it has provided similar services in the past.
Provide a fee schedule, including hourly rates for professional engineering services, construction
management, GIS analyst, surveying services, and any necessary support staff.
Provide at least three references for which the firm has performed similar services, within the last five
(5) years. Provide the reference contact name, address, email address, telephone numbers, summary,
and date of services provided.
Provide three (3) to five (5) examples of deliverables the firm has provided for other municipalities,
within the last five (5) years.
The Town is not responsible for any expenses that may be incurred in the preparation and submission of this proposal, including, but not limited to, any presentations that may be requested
Qualification statements will be evaluated on the following factors:
1. Experience in professional engineering design and construction management
2. Experience with local governments and public works related projects
3. Past performance with The Town of Pacolet and/or other local government agencies
4. Ability to provide “real time” service to client and projects
5. Ability to meet schedule deadlines and budget constraints
6. Ability to provide working CAD data and or PDF’s
7. Ability to provide working GIS data
8. Experience in storm water management engineering and design
9. Quality of submittal
10. Familiarity with State and/or Federally funded projects and requirements
Town Staff Team will evaluate the qualification statements based on the factors outlined within section 4, which shall be applied to all eligible, responsive qualification statements in selecting the successful submitter. The Town Team reserves the right to disqualify any qualification statement for, but not limited to: person or persons or qualification statements it deems as nonresponsive and/or non-responsible; a failure to respond to each section; or whose experience does not describe the competencies required. The Town Team reserves the right to make such investigations of the qualifications of the proposer as it deems appropriate. Award of any project may be made without discussion with proposers
after responses are received. The Town reserves the right to cease contract negotiations if it is determined that the Proposer cannot perform services specified in their response.
The deadline for all submissions is August 26, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. Town reserves the right to extend the term of this contract.