About the Administrator
Allison assumed her position as Town Administrator on October 1, 2019. Allison is a native of East Tennessee but has since fell in love with the Upstate of South Carolina. Allison has previous work experience with the City of Sevierville, TN primarily working in the Planning and Development Department, as well as with the Town of Mount Carmel, TN, where she worked directly with the Town Manager on day to day operations of the Town. Allison is also a Political Science Instructor at Spartanburg Methodist College.
Allison holds a Masters of Public Administration degree with a concentration in Local Government Management from East Tennessee State University, as well as a Bachelors of Business Administration degree in public administration from the University of Tennessee’s Haslam College of Business.
Allison is a member of the International City/County Management Association (ICMA), as well as the South Carolina City and County Management Association (SCCCMA).
• Direct, supervise and coordinate the administrative activities and operations.
• Prepare a proposed annual operating budget and capital program (in consultation with the Town Clerk, Council, and department heads) to Town Council for review and consideration.
• Monitor the financial condition of the Town and estimate present and future financial needs.
• Combine or consolidate job positions within departments as necessary or prudent, maximizing manpower utilization and efficiency.
• Investigate complaints concerning administrative matters and personnel performance with heads of departments.
• Provide Council with the information, guidance, and leadership in matters of policy determination.
• Actively investigate the opportunities available to the Town in relation to federal grants, state and county shared services and money and prepare the necessary papers, etc., upon approval of the Council.
• Attend all regular and called Council meetings, and all other meetings as he deems necessary in the function of Administrator, and keep Council informed of all changes in updated legislation, mandates and federal and state requirements.
• Monitors all Town operations for conformity to the Town ordinances, and Council policies and guidelines to ensure efficient operation.
• Resolves citizen complaints, disputes and problems of service delivery.
• Works with local media to communicate town policies and programs.
• Participates in appropriate local community organizations and activities.
• Promotes a positive image of the town government throughout the community