what’s going on in Pacolet
Request for Proposals- Completion of Historic Clothroom
May 11, 2020REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
COMPLETION OF HISTORIC CLOTHROOM
FOR THE TOWN OF PACOLET
PACOLET, SC 29372
Due 5:00 PM local Eastern Time, May 29, 2020
Completed projected deadline is January 31, 2021
The Town of Pacolet, SC (“Town”) is seeking qualified statements of service proposals from General Contractors “Contractor”. The proposals should be designed to provide the Town with a clear understanding and of the costs of services, and any additional costs related to the services being requested, which shall include a “not to exceed price” to complete the services requested. The specific nature of the scope of work for the project is outlined in this Request for Proposals (RFP). Contractors responding will be evaluated and a short list developed, which may include formal interviews.
- Introduction and Background
Pacolet is located in Spartanburg County, South Carolina. Pacolet has a population of close to 2,400. The Town is seeking a General Contractor to help the Town complete the Historic Clothroom renovation project. This project was initially started in 2014. Substantial work has been done to the building but has since been stalled. The building is approximately 9,320 square feet. The Clothroom is being renovated into a multipurpose event center. Copies of Architectural designs may be obtained from the office of the Town Administrator at 180 Montgomery Ave, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon completion the Clothroom will be a major asset for the community.
- Scope of Services
Periodic updated regarding the progress of this project shall be given to the Town Administrator. The General Contractor shall be asked to participate in on-site meetings with the Town Administrator. The General Contractor is expected to deliver a complete response to this RFP.
The Town seeks a qualified General Contractor to complete the Historic Clothroom, the scope of this includes:
- Complete framing;
- Complete plumbing;
- Complete electrical;
- Complete flooring;
- Complete HVAC;
- Complete sheetrock;
- Finish restrooms, including handicap accessible stalls;
- Complete kitchen with kitchen equipment;
- Repair roof leak;
- Complete interior painting
- General Criteria for Evaluating Qualifications
To be considered, the proposal must respond to all requirements in the RFP. Any other information believed to be relevant, but not applicable to the enumerated categories, should be provided as an appendix to the proposal. If publications are provided, the document and page number shall be referenced. The Town reserved the right to reject any or all proposals. The Town reserved the right to request more information for clarification. The proposal shall be divided into sections as indicated below:
- Experience, Expertise, and Workability: The experience of the proposed General Contractor should be documented by providing previous project work. The proposal shall indicate the responsibilities each person will have, the approximate number of hours that will be committed weekly. CBDG funds will be used for this project and Davis Bacon rules apply.
- Conflicts of Interest: The RFP shall specifically address any possible conflicts of interest and the Contractor’s position or response as to whether such work or relationship may be deemed a conflict of interest. In general, a conflict of interest is any situation in which an individual representing the Town and/or the Contractor is in a position to exploit a professional or personal relationship for their personal or corporate benefit.
- Task Overview: The RFP shall establish the understanding of the Town’s objectives and requirements, demonstrate the Contractor’s ability to meet those requirements and outline clearly and concisely the plan for accomplishing the specific work.
- Cost: In addition to a technical proposal, the Contractor shall prepare a detailed cost proposal for the work to be performed. The Cost proposal shall itemize all items that will be charged. Price proposals will be evaluated based on the cost for providing the scope of services compared to the anticipated quality of work to be delivered. The Contractor shall provide a detailed breakdown, at a minimum, of the following items within as estimated cost schedule:
- Staff wages (Davis Bacon rules apply)
- Material cost
- Any additional anticipated services being provided
The negotiated fee shall be based on estimated project costs, time, and materials.
- References: The RFP shall include names and contact information for at least three (3) professional references on similar services conducted under the supervision of the proposed Contractor within the past five (5) years. The Town reserves the right to contact and reference or client listed in the proposed information which may be beneficial in evaluating a Contractor’s performance.
Eligible proposals shall be reviewed and may require the Contractor to appear before a selection committee for an interview. Final selections will be made by the Town Council.
- Selection Process
Eligible proposals shall be subject to evaluation by designated individuals and/or a selection committee. The evaluation shall be the express purpose of selecting the proposal which most clearly meets the RFP requirements as defined in Section III.
- Request for Proposal Procedure
Each Contractor shall submit (3) copies of their sealed proposal to either hand delivered to Pacolet Town Hall at 180 Montgomery Ave, Pacolet, SC 29372 or mailed to P.O. Box 700, Pacolet, SC 29372 by 5:00pm Eastern Time, May 29, 2020. The proposal may be submitted as a file attachment through an e-mail and sent to email@example.com with the following inserted into the “subject” line of the email: “Completion of Historic Clothroom”. All proposals must be received by the specified deadline. The proposal will remain valid for at least sixty (60) days.
- General Criteria for Evaluation for Proposals: The Town reserved the right to accept, reject, or request changes in proposals. The Town will work closely with the selected Contractor to develop or refine a detailed scope of work, schedule for completion of tasks and costs associated with completed wok included in the contract documents. The Contractor will be required to sign a Contract for Professional Services in a form acceptable to the City. This document will include, but not be limited to, the following articles: method of compensation, time of performance, scope of services, termination of contract, and obligations to the Town.
- Addenda to the Request for Proposals: In the event that it becomes necessary to revise any part of this RFP, addenda will be published on the Town of Pacolet’s website at townofpacolet.com
- Late Proposals: Late proposals will not be accepted. It is the responsibility of the Contractor to ensure that the proposal arrives prior to the stated deadline.
- Response Material Ownership: The material submitted in response to the RFP becomes property of the Town and will only be returned to the Contractor at the Town’s option. The Town has the right to use any or all ideas presented in reply to this request. Any confidential information to this request should be individually stamped confidential. Justification for confidentiality may be required as per South Carolina Open Records Law. Disqualification does not eliminate this right.
- Acceptance of Proposal Content: The contents of the proposal of the successful Contractor may become a contractual obligation if the Town wishes to execute a contract based on the submitted proposal. Failure of the successful Contractor to accept these obligations in a contract may result in cancellation of the award and such Consultant may be removed from future solicitations.